Limitless Container Gardening
Container gardening is a hot trend now and is limited only by the imagination! It’s beautiful, practical, versatile, mobile, softens hard edges, gives visual impact and requires no digging. Container gardens can go anywhere indoor or outdoor. They are a great way to spruce up your front entrance or to finish off an empty corner.
Container garden style is all about creating a custom design to fit your needs. Explore different shapes, new plants, beautiful vibrant colors and textures to keep your yard looking fresh in any season.
Tips for container gardening:
Container plants lose moisture quickly and some plants will need to be watered more frequently than others. Put plants with similar water needs together. Use self watering pots so you don’t over or under water them.
When selecting containers:
- Select containers that complement the architecture of the home
- Avoid containers with narrow openings at the top
- Remember that plastic pots deteriorate in UV sunlight
- Terracotta pots dry out fast
- Wooden containers are susceptible to rot
- Redwood and cedar are rot resistant
- Glazed ceramic pots are good choices, but need to have drainage holes
- When considering container sizes – bigger is better. A few oversized containers look better than many small ones.
- Multiple containers in the same theme (color, size, shape) look better than randomly selected pots.
We provide planting plan design for container gardening.